- Google Ads Best Practices: Less is More!
Madison Senior Living Case Study
Arrow Senior Living
Google Ads Best Practices: Less is More!
Campaign Optimizations: Google Ads Keyword Consolidation
- Campaign Category: Senior Living
- PPC was deployed in 2021 with mixed results
- No tracking setup
- A website that had transitioned to a 3rd party limiting traffic and leads
- Bloating: 19 ad groups with thousands of keywords per group were inefficient
- Averaged 3-5 SQLs per month – sometimes 0 from PPC
Canopy PPC optimizations:
- Consolidated 19 ad groups to 3 core ad groups
- Focused on Assisted, Senior Living and Branded keywords
- Reduced thousands of keywords to 16 keywords/ad group
- Transitioned website back to 1st party ownership
- Began to properly track webforms and phone calls
Results in a single month:
- 179% increase in impressions 94% increase in clicks
- 11 SQLs
In conclusion, we can visualize how a “less is more” strategy can reduce excess keyword use, optimize a campaign budget and deliver measurable improvements.
“This is a moment where we should really celebrate Google Ads…paid search has transformed (our business results).” Hollie Walker, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Arrow Senior Living
Google Ads: Pay Per Click Best Practices
- Launch your campaign with a clear strategy and specific KPIs
- Build landing pages that convert your audience
- Initiate A/B testing and refresh your creative regularly
- Track Keyword Performance rigorously
- Maximize ROI: relevant ads lead to reduced CPC and improved CTR
- Conversion Optimization requires conversion tracking (key factors include landing page conversion and performance)
- Implement audience segmentation and persona building
- Schedule ads based on persona building and optimal viewing times
The Canopy Mission
Canopy’s dedicated mission is to provide businesses, ad agencies and marketers with seamless access to best-in-class digital advertising technology and services.
Strategy is the pillar of Canopy’s value proposition. Our team members are equal parts project managers, creative problem solvers, and data analysts.
Canopy’s full-funnel agency capabilities cover SEO, SEM, Website Development, e- Commerce, App Store Optimization, Programmatic Display, Location-Based Marketing, Email Automation and more.
At Canopy, we begin by assessing your business needs holistically in order to design growth-focused, data-driven solutions specific to your strategy. We are powered by a passionate team of subject matter experts dedicated to exceptional customer service, world-class campaign management and our client’s success
Thank You From Canopy
Charlotte, North Carolina Office
4929 Monroe Road
Charlotte, NC 28205
Asheville, North Carolina Office
257 Haywood Road, Suite 201
Asheville, NC 28806
New York Office
4 Garfield Street
Bay Shore NY 11706