- Where Should You Cast Your Net? By Bobby Youngs
Subscribe to our
Stay updated on industry
news and ad tech insights
- Meet Brian Levy, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Cambridge Caregivers and Manchester Care Homes- Senior Living Marketing
- Your Campaign Data is Mission Critical, By Luke Henkel- Marketing, Programmatic Display, Programmatic Display, Ad Tech, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Geofencing, Senior Living Marketing
- Meet the Team Behind Aging Choices- Senior Living Marketing, Digital Marketing
Where Should You Cast Your Net? By Bobby Youngs
The most successful marketing campaigns rely on many of the same variables to yield the best results. Relevant keywords, high-impact content, and optimized links are essential but probably won’t take you very far unless they’re a component of a well thought out strategy.
It can be helpful to think of the digital marketing space as an open sea with thousands of potential conversions dwelling under the surface, just waiting to be fished up. By casting your net into waters filled with your target audience, your keywords and content are more likely to snag leads and improve your return on investment.
No two campaigns are exactly alike, so how do you determine which locations to effectively cast your net? Well, the short answer is – it depends on a set of very specific factors. If your business is not prioritizing local marketing, then chances are that you’re already falling behind your local competitors. Similarly, you could be missing out on potential conversions from around the country if you’re not targeting places outside your local area. Join us as we dive into different targeting approaches to learn more about their respective benefits:
Using Local Keywords to Drive National SEO…
What some businesses may not realize is the potential impact of local SEO in a national scope.
For example, consider a potential customer in Oregon who is researching continuing care retirement communities for a loved one in Florida. Their searches may include geo-modifiers such as “ccrc florida” or “senior living florida” despite their location across the nation. When your campaign targets a national audience using local keywords, you are far more likely to carve out a ranking in search engine results pages (or SERPs) and generate conversions from prospective clients around the country.
…As Well As Local SEO, Too
Did you know that 46% of Google searches have local intent? That is, search engine users are often searching for services or products with geo-modifiers such as “near me” or their city name. Of those searches, 35% result in a physical visit. Local SEO is significantly more targeted than national SEO, which makes it easier to reach your target audience. Suffice it to say, the initial SERPs are highly coveted amongst local businesses – so how do you stand out from the crowd? We explain below.
Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Google My Business is a dynamic platform that empowers businesses to deliver an in-depth snapshot of their services to prospective customers browsing through SERPs. Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day but the average Google Business Profile only accrues 1,260 views in a month. This critical tool is often ignored by business owners but can significantly boost your SEO by giving customers immediate access to reviews, photos, links, Q&As, and contact information including phone numbers. Benefits of optimizing your Business Profile include:
- Google ranks search results based on proximity, relevance, and quality of information. An optimized Google Business Profile is more likely to rank higher in search results, which leads to improved visibility and lead conversion
- There are instances in which search engine users answer their questions with information from Google Business Profiles without ever visiting a page, which are known as “zero-click searches.” These profiles act as your business’ first interaction with prospective customers
- Business Profiles provide consumers with more avenues of engaging with your brand, whether that is scheduling a consultation or booking a tour, in addition to increasing your visibility in keyword searches. Ultimately, this improves your chances of converting leads through Google
Staying Connected with Retargeting
More than 97% of online consumers leave a website without converting. But worry not – those clicks are not wasted. It is normal for prospective clients to take anywhere between six months to two years to research, budget and finalize their senior care selection. Retargeting enables you to remain at the forefront of these clients’ minds by displaying your advertising when they browse social media, news outlets, or competitors’ websites. Once clients are ready to convert, they are more likely to choose the brand that has been front and center throughout their buying process.
Even if every other facet of your campaign is optimized, casting your net in the right places is what could make or break your digital marketing efforts.
Canopy and Zgraph Digital Marketing have all of the tools and expertise necessary to help you target the best audience for your senior care community and yield the most conversions.