Implementing an Audience Targeting Plan
Canopy was contracted by the Washington Auto Show to manage their digital event campaigns, track results, and report on the findings.
The Auto Show’s goal at the end of the event and in the following months was to be able to show local dealerships why participating in their event is beneficial for the individual dealerships themselves.
To do this, the event was looking to track who showed up for their event and if that traffic visited a specific dealership in the coming months. In this case they are seeking to show increased conversions or visits to the dealership’s post event. Being able to go to non participating dealerships and show them the difference in traffic to their store between their competitors after the auto show is a huge draw.
The Washington Auto Show is the largest public automotive exhibition in the nation’s capital. Each year, visitors come to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to enjoy not only the spectacle of hundreds of cars from over 35 manufacturers but also engaging entertainment.
The event showcases over 600 new car models, highlighting engineering innovations.
The 10-day event begins with a Public Policy Preview Day, featuring special events and announcements for government officials, industry professionals, and the media.
Goals, Objectives and Challenges
- To be able to show local dealerships why participating in the event is beneficial for the individual dealerships themselves
- Canopy created conversion zones around all the local dealerships we wanted to track.
- Geofence the Washington Auto Show Event area.
- Pull the mobile device IDs of everyone who attended the event to create a pool of potential leads.
- Removed all Non-Unique devices to filter out event staff from the lead pool.
- After the event, we monitor how many of the unique mobile device IDs we saw at the event navigate to one of the conversion zones (dealerships) that we predefined.
The Washington Auto Show now has more resources to help convince dealerships and vendors to participate in the event when planning for next year.
They also now know which dealerships they drive the most traffic/warm leads to and allows for greater strategic planning prior to future events.
This also provides them with a base line of driven conversions and their trajectory over time if they utilize Canopy’s services for their next event.