Segmenting the Washington Post Audience To Maximize Engagement
The Alaska Wilderness League partnered with Canopy to support their high-profile April 2022 Climate Forests advocacy initiative.
A primary campaign objective was to retarget approximately 2,000 highly engaged Washington Post website visitors who had been served ads encouraging them to interact with an Earth Day landing page.
Canopy worked with the Alaska Wilderness League to deliver a successful retargeting campaign that delivered a highly coveted audience segment.
Considered one of the most influential and reputable newspapers in the United States, The Washington Post covers a wide range of topics, including national and international news, politics, business, culture, and more.
It is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has a long history dating back to its founding in 1877. It has won numerous Pulitzer Prizes for its investigative journalism and reporting.
Founded in 1993, Alaska Wilderness League is a non-profit committed to protect Alaska and its lands and waters by supporting federal policy action. The change that Alaska Wilderness League has supported has saved wildlife and the lands where wildlife resides.
- To engage the 2,000 website visitors who had been served ads for agriculture and environmental conservation
- To provide ads for those individuals visiting The Washington Post website
Identify and Engage A High-Value Audience Through Retargeting
- Canopy retargeted the Washington Post’s April client Forest Campaign Earth Day petition audience and then delivered a followup, high-converting display site retargeting campaign in May.
Deploy Campaign Optimizations
- A higher bid cap stabilized impressions in the early days of the launch which allowed Canopy to retarget a wider user base with 100% of KPIs were met.
- Campaign optimization gave us the ability to win competitive bids on high-traffic websites which matched our partner’s most valued audience.
- Canopy targeted 2,000 petition visitors, increasing their awareness of Alaska Wilderness League and over-delivered a 0.18% CTR.
- Continuous optimization reduced costs and delivered a highly coveted, brand-loyal audience.